Mortgage Broker Job Description
Responsible for working on behalf of the mortgage lender and borrowing individual by assembling and verifying all closing documents required by title insurance company and initializing loans. Broker NMLS# required.
- Work with various lenders to find the best deal for a homebuyer.
- Originate loans to submit to lending institutions.
- Act as an intermediary between a lender and a borrower who needs a mortgage loan.
- Evaluate pay stubs, credit history, tax information and bank statements for financial status.
- Work to ensure compliance with banking and or finance laws in the jurisdiction of the consumer.
- Sell loans in the name of other organizations and businesses.
- Verify the income of the borrower as well as gather their credit information.
- Follow through with lender and client during approval process.
- Explain the legal aspects of the loan to the borrower as well as the payment terms and clauses to them.
- Define repayment terms to consumer and educate them on default consequences
Want a career with more flexibility than just you bending over backwards? How about one that not only gives you control over your own pipeline, but that also gives you the freedom and compensation to determine your own success? Then we want you at Divito Lending. Join our growing team of mortgage professionals who believe that your earnings should match your effort and that you are the best resource for your borrowers.
- Developing strong relationships with borrowers and partners
- Finding the right loan for your borrowers among a wide variety of products
- Advising and coaching your borrowers throughout the loan process
- Educating your borrowers on how to manage their mortgages
- Managing your own pipeline
- Communicating between your borrowers and lenders
- Delivering fast turn times and outstanding customer service
- A desire to accelerate your career
- An entrepreneurial spirit
- Exceptional communication and customer service skills
- The ability to coach your borrowers into the home of their dreams
What We Offer
- Strategic planning and implementation guidance for Marketing Service Agreements with real estate brokers
- Marketing support for realtor initiatives
- Competitive earning potential — deferred compensation is available
- Purchase Pronto express underwriting program for purchase loans
- Specialty niche lending programs — non-QM
- In-house underwriting for many products including jumbo mortgages
- Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and Ginnie Mae Direct — no overlays
- Customized branch websites, landing pages and online marketing store
- Full service in-house corporate marketing department
- Licensing department providing one-on-one support and guidance
- Corporate branch liaison and transition team
- Corporate trainer
- Onboarding origination trainer
- Compliance support
- Reverse mortgage platform
- Loan scenario help desk
What We Expect from You
- Establish a strong presence for Divito Lending including but not limited to, developing relationships with realtors, builders, financial service providers and community groups
- Participate in all steps related to the origination of a mortgage loan including but not limited to, meeting with prospects, counseling borrowers, taking mortgage applications, primarily by phone and in person
- Learn various borrowing programs and processes and stay current with changes and new products
- Learn and utilize various in-house technical systems and programs
- Adhere to all federal and state compliance guidelines relative to the position
What You Will Need
- A minimum of 2 years of current outside sales origination experience, including established contacts/relationships within the purchase market or in/out bound call center mortgage origination
- Thorough knowledge of all mortgage products and programs
- NMLS License Required under the terms of the S.A.F.E. Act of 2008
- Working knowledge of retail product philosophy, policy, underwriting, procedures, documentation and systems
- Experience in proactively soliciting new business
- Strong analytical skills necessary to evaluate credit requests and determine trends in a given market place
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
- Proficiency in standardized software applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
Be a Part of Making Dreams a Reality
If we think your skills are a match, we’ll contact you to set up an interview. Due to the volume of applications received, we can only contact those selected for an interview.
Phone: (800) 286-3235
Facebook: Divito Lending